BICYCLE CENTRAL ITINERARY
Easy loop starting from Wells River
Distance: 29.4 miles
Time: Approximately 3 hours
Parking: Parking is available at the Waypoint Center
Bicycle rental: available in North Haverhill
Start: Start at the Wells River Waypoint Center At 11 Railroad Street (US-302), head west on Railroad Street.
- Turn left onto US-5 south.
- After 13.8 miles, turn left onto VT-25 south/Waits River Road and cross the Connecticut River into New Hampshire where the road becomes NH-25 east (0.5 miles). (Alternatively pick up the Central Loop Extension from this point.)
- Take first left onto River road 0.4 miles after crossing into New Hampshire.
- After 3.9 miles take a slight left onto NH-10 north.
- After 8.7 miles, take a slight left onto NH-135 north/ South Court Street.
Finish: After 1.6 miles, turn left onto US-302 West/Central Street to cross the Connecticut River into Vermont and the Waypoint Center where you started will be on the left after 0.4 miles.
Central Loop Extension
Moderate loop starting from Bradford
Distance: 50 miles
Parking: see easy loop information. Also consider starting the loop in one of the other villages or downtowns along the route.
Note: This route can easily be made into a shorter loop by using one of the other bridges across the Connecticut River. See the map for the location of river crossings.
Start: Continue on US-5 south instead of turning left to cross the river into Piermont.
- After 0.3 miles, take the 1st right onto Lake Morey Road. After 3.3 miles, at the T-junction turn right to stay on Lake Morey Road to go around the northern side of the lake.
- After 3.2 miles, turn right onto US-5 south and stay on the road for 17.2 miles.
- In Norwich, turn left to stay on US-5 south for 0.6 miles. As you reach the intersections with Interstate 91, continue straight onto VT-10A east for 0.3 miles and cross the Connecticut River into New Hampshire.
- Continue onto West Wheelock Street for 0.9 miles up the hill into downtown Hanover, past the green, and turn left onto NH-120 north.
- After 0.3 miles, turn right onto Lyme Road (NH-10).
- At the traffic circle (0.9 miles), continue straight onto NH-10 north.
- After 3.4 miles, turn left onto River Road. Continue on River Road for 10.4 miles even as it crosses East Thetford Road.
- Turn left onto NH-10 north.
- After 7.8 miles, turn left onto NH-25 west.
Finish: Either turn right onto River Road after 1.4 miles to rejoin the Easy Loop, or continue straight ahead to return to the starting point for the Extension Loop.