BICYCLE NORTHERN ITINERARY
Easy loop starting from Barnet
Distance: 23.1 miles
Time: Approximately 2.5 hours
Parking: Park and Ride Lot 0.2 miles west of
Exit 18 on I-91
Bicycle Rentals: in Littleton
Start: From the Park and Ride Lot, head east on West Barnet Road for 0.2 miles and continue onto Bimson Drive for 0.5 miles.
- Turn right onto US-5 south.
- After 10.3 miles, as you enter Wells River, take a slight left onto Main Street.
- After 0.2 miles, turn left onto US-302E/ Railroad Street and cross the Connecticut River into Woodsville, NH.
- After 0.5 miles, turn left onto NH-135 north/ Monroe Road.
- After 9.9 miles, turn left onto Barnet Road and cross the river back into Vermont. Alternatively, continue straight on to join the north loop extension.
- After 0.4 miles, turn right onto US-5 north for 0.2 miles.
Finish: Turn left onto Bimson Drive and continue onto West Barnet Road to return to the Park and ride lot after 0.8 miles.
North Loop Extension
Moderate loop starting from Barnet
Distance: 32.9 miles
Parking: see easy loop information. Also consider starting the loop in one of the other villages or downtown areas along the route.
Note: This route can easily be made into a shorter loop by using one of the other bridges across the Connecticut River. See the map for the location of river crossings.
Start: Continue on NH-135 north/ Littleton Road for 10.2 miles.
- Take a sharp left onto NH-10 north to cross the river into Lower Waterford, VT and continue on VT-18 north.
- After 8.2 miles, turn left onto US-2 west.
- After 2.9 miles, in St. Johnsbury, turn left onto US-5 south/ Railroad Street.
- After 9.5 miles, in Barnet, turn right onto Church Street.
FINISH: After 0.3 miles turn right onto Bimson Drive to return to the easy route and the parking lot.