A|11 Miles; approx. 15 minutes
Start: Colebrook Visitor’s Center (rest area on US-3 about 2.5 miles north of Colebrook Town
Library, 126 Main Street, Colebrook, NH)
- Take US-3 south to Colebrook.
- In downtown, turn right onto Bridge Street (NH-26 west) and cross the bridge into Vermont.
- Turn right onto VT-102 north (River Road) and head to Canaan.
Finish: Canaan, VT (near Canaan Library, 27 Park Street, Canaan, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Hike Mount Monadnock in Lemington, VT
B|32.2 miles; 40 minutes
Start: Canaan, VT (near Canaan Library,
27 Park Street, Canaan, VT)
- Continue to head north on VT-102 (Park Street) and turn right onto VT-114 north (Gale Street) to cross the Connecticut River back into New Hampshire.
- Turn left onto US-3 North (Daniel Webster Highway) and continue to the Third Connecticut Lake.
Finish: Third Connecticut Lake
Attractions and Detours along the way: Washburn Forest; Pittsburg-Clarksville Covered Bridge; Republic of Indian Stream marker; Connecticut Lakes State Forest; Francis Lake; First, Second and Third Connecticut Lakes; Indian Stream Historic Schoolhouse; Canaan/ Stewartstown Dam; Old Stewartstown Town Hall; North Hill Church; Beecher Falls Road/ River Road (which runs parallel to Route 3 near Stewartstown); Bacon Road in Pittsburg- Clarksville; Happy Corner and River Road Covered Bridges; border with Quebec; hike to source of Connecticut River from US Border Control
C| 49.3 miles; 70 minutes
Start: Third Connecticut Lake
- Turn around and follow US-3 south until you reach Pittsburg Village.
- Turn left onto NH-145 south (Mill Street) towards Colebrook.
- In Colebrook, turn left on US-3 south (Main Street) and then
- Take next right onto Bridge Street (NH-26) to cross the bridge to Vermont.
- Turn left onto VT-102 (River Road) and follow it south to Bloomfield.
- Turn left onto VT-105 east and cross the river to North Stratford, NH.
- Turn right onto Main Street to get to the library.
Finish: North Stratford, NH (near Public Library, 74 Main Street, Stratford, NH)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Poore Family Homestead; Beaver Brook Falls; 45th
Parallel Marker; Lyman Falls State Park; Columbia Covered Bridge; “Moose Alley”; Cohos Trail;
Indian Stream Schoolhouse; Clarksville Freedom Trail; Clarksville Schoolhouse
D| 15.8 miles; 20 minutes
Start: North Stratford, NH (near Public Library, 74 Main Street, Stratford, NH)
- Go north on Main Street.
- Turn right onto VT-105 east.
- Turn left onto US-3 north and stay on it until you reach Colebrook and then return to the Visitor’s Center.
Finish: Colebrook Visitor’s Center (rest area on NH-4 about 2.5 miles north of Colebrook Town Library, 126 Main Street, Colebrook, NH)
Attractions and Detours along the way: North Stratford Railroad Station (now a library); Wallace Farm
Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire
New Hampshire Grand
North Country Chamber of Commerce
Northeast Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
Northeast Kingdom Interactive Tour Map
Northeast Kingdom Travel and Tourism Association
Upper Coos Recreational Rail Trail