A|9.8 Miles; approx. 20 minutes
Start: Great North Woods Byway Waypoint Center (25 Park Street, Lancaster, NH)
- Follow US-3 north to Groveton.
Finish: Groveton Covered Bridge (junction of US-3 and NH-110)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Lancaster downtown area (including Roger’s Rangers Bridge; Lancaster Historical Society; Historic Courthouse); Northumberland (including the Groveton Covered Bridge; Groveton Locomotive No. 5; the Industrial Area/Paper Mill; war memorial); Weeks State Park (located in Lancaster 4.4 miles south of starting point on US-3); New Hampshire Heritage Trail
B|12.7 miles; 30 minutes
Start: Groveton Covered Bridge (junction of US-3 and NH-110)
- Continue north on US-3 towards Stratford.
- Take a left onto Maidstone Bridge Road towards VT-102.
- Take a left onto VT-102 South. Follow into Guildhall Common.
Finish: Guildhall Common (near Town Hall at 13 Courthouse Drive, Guildhall, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Janice Peaslee Bridge; Guildhall Village Historic District (including Public Library & Mason Hall; Essex County Courthouse; David E. Denison House; war memorials); Maidstone Lake State Park (take a right onto VT-102N after Maidstone Bridge Road)
C| 12.7 miles; 20 minutes
Start: Guildhall Common (near Town Hall at 13 Courthouse Drive, Guildhall, VT)
- Continue south on VT-102.
- Turn onto US-2 west and follow into the Lunenburg Common.
Finish: Lunenburg Common (near the Town Hall at 9 West Main Street, Lunenburg, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Lunenburg Village (including Old Town Hall; Veterans Memorial; Village Green); Rogers’ Rangers Bridge
D| 16.7 miles; 35 minutes
Start: Lunenburg Common (near the Town Hall at 9 West Main Street, Lunenburg, VT)
- Head south onto South Lunenburg Road.
- Make a slight right onto River Road and then a slight left onto East Concord Road.
- Turn left onto Dalton Hill/Gilman Road.
- Continue onto Bridge Hill (crossing the Connecticut River).
- Turn left onto NH-135 in Dalton, NH. Continue north on NH-135 to US 3 in Lancaster.
- Take a left onto US-3 and then a left onto Railroad Street.
Finish: Great North Woods Byway Waypoint Center (25 Park Street, Lancaster, NH)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Gilman Hydro Dam; beautiful views of the Connecticut River in Dalton; Mount Orne (Lunenburg) Covered Bridge.
Dalton Historical Society
Mt. Prospect Ski Tow
New Hampshire Grand
Northeast Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
Northeast Kingdom Interactive Tour Map
Northeast Kingdom Travel and Tourism Association
Northern Gateway Chamber of Commerce