ST JOHNSBURY ITINERARY
A|9.7 Miles; approx. 20 minutes
Start: St. Johnsbury Visitor’s Center (51 Depot Square, St. Johnsbury, VT)
- Follow US-2 west along Eastern Avenue.
- Turn Left onto Main Street, heading south.
- Turn right onto US-5 south and continue until Barnet Village.
Finish: Barnet, VT (near Town Hall, 1743 US-5, Barnet VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: St. Johnsbury (including Railroad Depot; Catamount Film and Arts Center; Main Street Athenaeum; Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium; Northeast Kingdom Artisans Guild); Scenic Overlook of Fifteen Mile Falls; Comerford Dam; Fairbanks Mill; Danville Green; Peacham; West Barnet Village; Comerford Reservoir fishing access; picnic sites from Comerford Dam Road
B| 26.4 miles; 50 minutes
Start: Barnet, VT (near Town Hall, 1743 US-5, Barnet, VT)
- Continue south on US-5 towards Wells River. Stay on US-5 when it turns to the left to become Main Street.
- Turn left onto McIndoe Falls Road (just after Academy Lane and Lamphere Street) and follow it across the Connecticut River into Monroe, NH.
- Turn left onto NH-135 (Main Street) to head north towards Littleton.
- After the Interstate 93 overpass, turn left toward VT-18 to go over the Connecticut River to Lower Waterford.
- Turn around at Lower Waterford to head back east on VT-18. Follow the road back across the river and into Littleton, NH.
Finish: Littleton (near Chamber of Commerce, 2 Union Street, Littleton, NH)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Barnet Village; McIndoe Falls Village; Monroe Village; Wells River Village; Littleton (including Glenwood Cemetery; Dell’s Park with children only fishing pond; historic Opera House; Littleton Community Center; U.S. Post Office & Courthouse; Pollyanna statue; Littleton Historic Society; Kilburn Crags); boat launch sites along the way provide access to the river; Ben’s Mill (about 2.7 miles north on West Barnet Road, which is accessible from Church Street in Barnet Village); South Ryegate Village (on US-302 north)
C| 32.8 miles; 60 minutes
Start: Littleton (near Chamber of Commerce, 2 Union Street, Littleton, NH)
- Travel west on NH-18 north.
- Continue straight to take NH-135 north (Connecticut River Road) heading towards Dalton. Before reaching Dalton, turn left onto Bridge Hill and cross the Connecticut River.
- Turn left onto River Road which then becomes Oregon Road. In East Concord, be careful to stay on Oregon Road as it bends to the right. At the end of Oregon Road, turn left onto US-2 west (West Lunenburg Road) towards St. Johnsbury. Turn left onto VT-18 south until you reach Lower Waterford.
Finish: Lower Waterford, VT (near Davies Memorial Library, 532 Maple Street, Waterford, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Concord Village (including historic Town Hall); Lower Waterford Village (“White Village”); Moore Lake access (from Old Waterford Road just past Interstate 93 access on NH-135); Victory State Forest and Wildlife Management Area (accessible from Victory Road off US-2 in North Concord)
D| 9.7 miles; 20 minutes
Start: Lower Waterford, VT (near Davies Memorial Library, 532 Maple Street, Waterford, VT)
- Travel north on VT-18 to the junction with US-2. Turn left onto US-2 west to St. Johnsbury.
Finish: St Johnsbury Visitor’s Center (51 Depot Square, St. Johnsbury, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Historic Northeastern Speedway
Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
Littleton Area Chamber of Commerce
Littleton Area Historical Society
Northeast Kingdom Artisans Guild
Northeast Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
Northeast Kingdom Interactive Tour Map
Northeast Kingdom Travel and Tourism Association
St. Johnsbury Athenaeum and Art Gallery
St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce