WELLS RIVER/HAVERHILL ITINERARY
A|10.3 Miles; approx. 20 minutes
Start: Alumni Hall – Byway Waypoint Center
(75 Court Street, Haverhill, NH)
- Turn right to head north on NH-10.
- In Woodsville, turn right onto US-302 east to Bath. When you reach Bath, you can turn around at the intersection of West Bath Road.
- Return west along US-302 west towards Woodsville.
- Stay right on US-302/Central Street to cross the bridge over the Connecticut River into Wells River, VT. The Waypoint Center will be on the left.
Finish: Wells River, VT Waypoint Center (11 Railroad Street, Wells River, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Haverhill (including Haverhill Corner Historic District; Haverhill Common/Colonial Green; Alumni Hall; Pierson Hall; Ladd Street School; Keyes Estate); Woodsville (including Rogers Rangers Historic Marker; Woodsville Station; Railroad Park; Opera Building); Bath-Haverhill Covered Bridge; Bath Covered Bridge; Ammonoosuc Recreational Rail Trail from Woodsville to Littleton; Bedell Bridge State Park, (off Meadow Road in Haverhill)
B| 30.4 miles; 45 minutes
Start: Wells River, VT Waypoint Center (11 Railroad Street, Wells River, VT)
- Continue west on US-302 and right onto US-5 north.
- Turn right onto McIndoe Falls Road, following signs for NH-135, and crossing the Connecticut River into Monroe, NH.
- Turn right onto NH-135 south.
- In Woodsville, turn right onto US-302 west to cross the Connecticut River into Wells River, VT.
- At US-5, turn left to go south and continue until you reach Bradford.
Finish: Bradford, VT (near Bradford Public Library, 25 South Main Street, Bradford, VT)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Wells River (including Old Village School; Round Barn); East Ryegate Village; McIndoe Falls; Monroe; Newbury Village (including Jeremiah Ingalls Memorial; Francis Atkinson home; Village Green; Jacob Bay Memorial; Old Bank Building; Newbury First Congregational Church); Cross Vermont Trail, from Wells River; Bath Upper Village (about 5 minutes along US-302 east from Woodsville); Newbury boat launch
C|7 miles; 15 minutes
Start: Bradford, VT (near Bradford Public Library, 25 South Main Street, Bradford, VT)
- Continue south on US-5 through Fairlee, Ely, and Thetford.
- Turn left onto VT-113 East and left onto NH-10 in North Lyme.
Finish: Orford, NH (near Bridge Street and bridge to New Hampshire)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Bradford (including Old Church Community Theater; Bradford Academy Building; Andrew & Ida Boch Memorial Park; Bradford Mill); Fairlee Village; Samuel Morey Bridge; Wright’s Mountain Trails
D| 11 miles; 20 minutes
Start: Orford, NH (near Bridge Street and bridge to New Hampshire)
- Head north on NH-10, passing through Orford and Piermont, and take a right onto Court Street in Haverhill.
Finish: Alumni Hall – Byway Waypoint Center (75 Court Street, Haverhill, NH)
Attractions and Detours along the way: Orford Historic District; Reed’s Marsh; Piermont Village (including Round Barn; Town Common); Cross Rivendell Trail (connections in Fairlee and Orford)
Bedell Bridge State Park
Cohase Chamber of Commerce
Cross Rivendell Trail
Cross Vermont Trail Association
Lyme Common Historic District
Upper Valley Land Trust Trails
Upper Valley Trails Alliance
Valley Food and Farm
Wright’s Mountain Trails